Monday 23 November 2015

23 Nov : Silver


As I walked towards the trees the late afternoon sky was muted silver and I was reminded of our dinner party on Saturday night. The table was set with new beaded silver mats which shimmered in the candlelight just as I hoped they would, logs crackled in the fireplace, corks popped and our dining room filled with gusts of laughter. In the middle of the table there was a low vase of white narcissi and their sweet scent drifted towards me throughout the meal. It was a very happy evening and remembering it today I feel so grateful for the friends who shared it with us.

7 comments:

  1. That sky - it looks like a bolt of silk is being spread over the earth. There are so many beautiful images of winter sky on Blogland at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely description - it reminded me of fine grey fur, the colour that I imagine mink is.

      Delete
  2. Narcissus in November - how?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Saturday evening sounds perfect. That's my favourite way to spend time with friends. Lovely to have Paperwhites(?) for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine they are Paperwhites but as they were in my basket before you could say 'outrageous extravagance' I didn't stop to look at the label.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.