Wednesday 1 March 2017

an enchanted world


The Star
Edgar Degas

MissM and MrsM went to watch 'The Sleeping Beauty' at Covent Garden last week. They clapped as loud as anyone when the divine Marianela Nuñez completed the Rose Adagio and swooned ever so slightly at the sight of Vadim Muntagirov doing jetés. Kristen McNally was commendably Gothic as Carabosse and MrsM's secret passion for James Hay remains undimmed. All in all a very satisfactory night out at the ballet.


Two Dancers on a Stage
Edgar Degas

MissM and MrsM were particularly impressed by the bouquets received by La Nuñez. One was the size of a small garden and must have required an individual delivery van. Somewhere in London there is a wholesale florist planning a family holiday in the Bahamas.


Dancer with a Bouquet of Flowers
Edgar Degas

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for Degas's paintings, I do so admire his work. I cannot get to grips with ballet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the ballet - it is a late life conversion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.