Tuesday 1 December 2015

1 Dec : Tree #1


Walking to the bus stop tonight after a very good dinner I had a champagne-fuelled brainstorm for my December blogposts. (I can't pretend that I thought about it months ago and prepared everything well in advance. My Christmas preparations do tend to be somewhat creative - idleness being the mother of invention.) Anyway - I decided that I would have a Festival of Trees - which you must admit it vaguely gardening related without requiring anyone to get their feet muddy. My first tree - as I happened to be in Trafalgar Square at the time - would be the Norwegian Christmas tree. Unfortunately, at that exact moment the bus came and MrM started shouting in a most ungentlemanly way. So here is Tree #1 from the top of the bus. It's a miracle it is in focus. Actually, it is a miracle the tree is in the photo at all.

12 comments:

  1. The 139 bus waiteth for neither man nor woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although Man and Woman can sometimes wait a very long time for the 139...

      Delete
  2. So miracles do happen! (And I can't believe MrM would shout in any way, much less ungentlemanly.)
    Looking forward to Tree #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - it's on the 139 you officially joined the famous writers and artists for whom peak creativity coincided with beverage consumption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that Dylan Thomas is the best role model.

      Delete
  4. Anything champagne-fuelled has to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MrM says that it is more economical to buy a bottle and he is the accountant in the family.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fine plan. Champagne has been involved in some of my best ideas (most notably 'Let's have another baby!').

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bottle of joy = bundle of joy.

      I may restrict myself to one glass in future!

      Delete
  6. What an excellent idea! I don't think I would be able to climb the stairs of the bus, let alone attempt photography after Champagne. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite wobbly on the stairs but made MrM go down first so that he could cushion me if I stumbled.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.