Wednesday 2 December 2015

2 Dec : Tree #2


I took this photo of the huge tree in Covent Garden last week before MissM and I went to the ballet to see the divine Marianela Núñez dance in 'Monotones', Frederick Ashton choreography set to music by Erik Satie. We met by the giant sparkly reindeer which looked as though it had escaped from a pantomime and it reminded me of the time I took MasterM and MissM to London Zoo just before Christmas when they were little. MissM couldn't remember anything about it which was a relief because we went all the way there to see the reindeer and there weren't any. It was so cold that we had to spend all afternoon in the snake house. It was one of my great failures as a parent.

10 comments:

  1. It wasn't your fault that there were no reindeer, so you didn't fail.

    Big shiny tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I explained that Santa had probably hired them in case any of his regular team was not well on Christmas Eve.

      Delete
  2. If that's your greatest failing as a parent, you're doing very well! Lucky you going to see 'Monotones' - I would really love to see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monotones II was wonderful, Monotones I a bit wobbly and Two Pigeons an enjoyable romp with Muntagirov and Cuthbertson.

      Delete
  3. As someone engaged in the awkward push-pull dance of parenting a 17-year-old, I hope that when all is said and done (and survived), he has amnesia similar to Miss M's. Sigh. (That's a lovely tree.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tragedy is that the most damaging parental sins seem to be ones that adults don't even notice at the time of commission but don't panic because in ten years time you will be told where you went wrong.

      Delete
  4. I do miss the lovely London Christmas lights. There are a few bedecked houses in this village that could give that tree a run for its money! I agree with Toffeeapple – you can't take responsibility for what was in the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a secret once-a-year desire for a huge cypress tree covered with white lights. Unfortunately we don't have a cypress tree so this is not going to happen in the near future.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful tree. We were lucky to see and feed two lovely, gentle reindeer yesterday at a Christmas show. Granddaughter calls all deer reindeer so she was very excited. We now know where they live so can visit after Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so envious! I hope you wore your Christmas jumpers?

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.