Saturday 5 December 2015

5 Dec : Tree #3


Every year MasterM and I visit the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award at the Natural History Museum. We go past the dinosaur skeleton, turn right at the Pleiosaurus and plunge into the dark exhibition for a satisfying hour or so looking at photos of leopards eating impala and suchlike. It has a womb-like ambience, accentuated by whale music as background sound, which is appropriate because it is a birthday treat for MasterM in lieu of a homemade pirate cake. Afterwards we come out and admire the lights in the trees which never fail to thrill me. There is something magical about these huge trees lit up against the flamboyant facade of the Natural History Museum.

10 comments:

  1. leopards and whales we have - but I would like to see the V and A again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - if only you could teleport here and then we could go to the Indian Textiles exhibition at the V&A together. I know that you would love it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love sparkly lights in trees - I am sure it is a flaw in my character.

      Delete
  3. That sounds such a lovely thing to do. Happy Birthday to MasterM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Regret to advise that nothing about his Birthday party is suitable for publication.

      Delete
  4. We love that exhibition, works for the whole family. It didn't nearly work for my youngest son once, but unwittingly he gave me the best material for a blog post, B.O.R.I.N.G. I'd love you to read it. It's one I'm most pleased with. You'd need to scroll down the side to find the Natural History Museum link. Sorry for the self-promotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a WONDERFUL post!

      It reminds me of a time when MasterM and MissM were overheard in Burgos cathedral commenting "What a GOOD Entombment this is!" "Yes! Quite the BEST Entombment we have seen recently" in tones that made it clear that their brains would shrivel if they spent another minute in a Spanish church.

      Delete
  5. Fun! And I love the thought of whale music as ambience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes you feel a bit dizzy after an hour or so.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.