Saturday 17 October 2015

17 Oct : Cosmos


My mother says "Just LOOK at my Cosmos!! I have been praying every day that it will last a bit longer. Just until this weekend. And it did! Isn't that amazing!"

I stare at this towering display which is growing in three small pots and I wonder all over again what my mother's green fingers can produce from a packet of seeds and a little bit of soil.

My mother is 80 this week and we are having a big party tomorrow. Family and friends all joining together to celebrate. There will be cake.

10 comments:

  1. There will be cake, and cosmos!
    Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your Mother is such a gardener. I do love Cosmos, especially when in Wales and Normandy where the Town Councils seem to favour it.

    Best wishes for her birthday as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful flowers. birthday blessings to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your lovely Mum. Hope you all have a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cosmos have been wonderful this year - mine are towering at least 10feet high and still going strong. Happy Birthday to your green fingered mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your mother. Will there be anecdotes? I really enjoy her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big happy birthday to your mother. I hope the party goes swimmingly. Beautiful cosmos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your mother. Hope you all have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you all have a very happy birthday among the dancing cosmos. It has been the most extraordinary year for cosmos and dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you to you all for your kind birthday wishes for my mother. The sun shone all day, my mother was surrounded by family and friends and we had a wonderful party. It was a very joyful occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.