Wednesday 28 October 2015

28 Oct : Light


Today it occurred to me that there is no law which forbids fairy lights in your garden in October. I jumped into my car immediately and drove to the far garden centre which is so enormous that I always lose the will to live about half way round. Luckily I bumped into a friend who I haven't seen for a long time so had enough energy to buy some more daffodil bulbs, a couple of Hellebore seedlings and some white Cyclamen hederifolium as well as the fairy lights. By the time I got home the fairy light excitement was too great to wait until tomorrow so I stood outside untangling the strings in the dark, winding them round the box pyramids and feeling quite thrilled. There are eight different modes including twinkling and alternate pulses but I am going to restrain myself to a subtle glow. MrM is going to have a fit when he comes home.

14 comments:

  1. my Mr has the fairy lights ... but the tree he was going to hang them in was chopped down as an invasive alien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a short story of tragic intensity *sobs*

      Delete
  2. You can never have too many fairy lights. I have them permanently in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be feeling a twinkle deficit at the moment but just think how gorgeous it will all be next week!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! If I had a garden I would rush right out now myself and buy some fairy lights for it. Beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have fairy lights indoors if MrM had not expressly forbidden them until December. It did not occur to him to mention the garden...

      Delete
  4. Ha! Love it. Put them on random pulse specially for Mr M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not going to show MasterM where the switch is. Things might get messy.

      Delete
  5. I always thought that MrsM as the light of my life but this is taking matters to a whole new level

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that you are now regretting that purchase of titanium collar stiffeners which double up as bottle openers. You have still got some way to go before we are quits.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Life is too short to limit one's fairy light ambitions.

      Delete
  7. This did make me laugh. How can anyone resist twinkly lights at any time of the year?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look rather lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.