Thursday 9 February 2017

requiescat in pace

My friend June died today after a courageous battle with cancer.


I can see her clearly in my mind's eye, wrapped in a large apron, surrounded by buckets of flowers, as she prepared flowers for our parish church. These are examples of her arrangements and I wish I had taken more photos because she had a wonderful eye for floral design.


June was a gentle person and the epitome of humility. I am surprised to discover that someone with so light a step can leave such a deep impression on your heart. I will miss her very much.


Rest in peace dear June

5 comments:

  1. Alice, I am so sorry for your very sad loss. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am grateful that I knew her.

      Delete
  2. Oh Alice. So sorry to read this. Sending love. (The flowers are lovely.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - her flowers were wonderful - so exuberant and creative. I took photos for inspiration but it is a high sstandard to aspire to.

      Delete
  3. I have closed the comments on this post but a sincere thank you to anyone who had intended to leave a message. I will miss June but I am grateful that I had the opportunity to tell her what her friendship meant to me. She was so modest that I think it was a surprise to discover that so many people loved her.

    ReplyDelete