Tuesday 22 September 2015

22 Sept : Wheelbarrow


I must have a new wheelbarrow and so I spend a pleasant hour researching the best deals online. I read all the reviews and note that Pete the Planter says "As low cost garden equipment goes this is the tops." and Babs comments "Perfect for Lady Gardeners."  Now all I have to decide is which colour. Do I model the rustic, green eco look and channel Felicity Kendal? What about silver...a sharp industrial image which will tone with the white flowers but would require me to upgrade my gardening wardrobe. Or there is black which will allow me to express my inner Goth but will clash with my spotty wellingtons. I see with a frisson of alarm that 'people who viewed this item ultimately bought...' a garden incinerator. Why is this? Am I dabbling in things I don't understand? Will I too become a pyromaniac?

6 comments:

  1. Check out what the people who viewed a garden incinerator bought next. If it was an axe. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the next step is a hammer drill. It is cordless so one can go beserk without being restricted.

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and your take on life. I miss your old blog. As for the wheelbarrow. We have one with a flat tyre. It now seems we have to replace it, just because of a flat tyre. Bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind words - thank you! When your children grow up and leave home you have to find a new space where you can make plans and look forward. If you remain where you were everything rattles in a most uncomfortable way. I am consoling myself with small treats like new wheelbarrows.

      Delete
    2. If it has an inner tube it can be repaired with a puncture repair kit. A local bike shop would do it although I seem to remember we managed it ourselves and it has lasted well. We have pyracantha in the garden and pruning leaves lethal spikes all over the lawn.

      Delete
    3. Off to check if there's an inner tube. As for children leaving home, my eldest will hopefully be off next Sept. age 19. I am so happy though to have found 'a new space' in the last few years. I've moved from teaching in schools to learning in museums. The springboard was my youngest (twins) starting school. I'm open (if a little nervous) of having to do it again when they leave home. They're 12.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.