Sunday 29 May 2016

29 May : Party!


It was a champagne celebration for a 3 x 80 = 240th Birthday Party. Three lovely ladies, two cousins and the other a sister-in-law, their children, grandchildren and assorted relations. We all know each other but only rarely get together so there was much catching up with news, identifying children who had been tiny but were now tall, looking at albums of wedding photos, untangling of family trees and taking of photos. Unfortunately, as it is rude to eat and talk simultaneously, there wasn't enough time for eating so the cheese board remained untouched. It makes me want to cry when I think about it.

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cheeseboard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I am going to have terrible dreams about laden cheeseboards just out of reach from now on.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, looks lovely. Sounds like a good party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - we are lucky enough to be part of a big family and it is always a joy when we get together.

      Delete
  3. what.... didn't the grandchildren eat all the grapes? too polite for your their own good your relatives......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to copy that cheeseboard and gobble it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wicked waste - I could help you eat that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.