Thursday 18 June 2015

18 June : Cuttings


1.
The Canterbury Bells are looking stylish.

2.
I sprayed the Queen of Sweden.
One cannot be regal covered in black fly.

3.
The Box pyramids are looking sharp after their trimming.

4.
I forced myself to cut some peonies for the house.
It felt criminal.

5.
Mr Sparkles the window cleaner is coming tomorrow.
I'm feeling anxious for my little Box hedge.

6.
The Agapanthus has decided to flower.
Which is a shame because I had plans for that pot.

7.
I can't see out of the kitchen window due to excess Scabious.

8.
Tess of the D', the new red climbing rose, needs to be planted
But where???

9.
Lucille's plants were foxgloves not hollyhocks.
She has apologised for her senior moment.

7 comments:

  1. Re. 9, did I miss a bit?

    Re. 5, I am sure he will be considerate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re 5 : Mr Sparkles is dedicated to window cleaning so unfortunately anything that gets in the way is trampled.

    Re 9 : My neighbour Lucille (not THE Lucille) gave me some 'hollyhock' seedlings which looked suspiciously like foxgloves to me. My Botany degree was not wasted after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re 9, no wonder I was confused, I thought it was The Lucille!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I* thought it was The Lucille. That's how senior I'm getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't expect me to comment on this *anxious face*

      Delete
  5. my Tess of the D needs planting out too.......... she is in a pot and a bit grumpy.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Important clarification - we are talking about the rose here - right?

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.