Friday 11 December 2015

11 Dec : Tree #7


I am still in trouble for the time that I made everyone else go skating while I had hot chocolate and took photos so this is as close as I get to an ice rink these days. On that theme I have been indulging in some Vicarious Christmassing thanks to Blogland. Can't get to a Christingle? No worries - there is one at Ipsden Church with everything that you could possibly want - including adorable grandson in homemade jumper. Haven't got time to make a gingerbread house? Shoot off and share the fun with Eleanor and Geneva - there is enough icing for everyone. Worried about choosing a tree? Not me because mine is in the garden, but if you want that spruce smell Sam is on the case. On the other side of the world Diana has made an advent wreath with foliage from her garden - mine has more foliage miles and does not look quite so lovely. Christina is off to Peru for Christmas and leaving all the Christmas chores behind and I am afraid that Lucille's Christmas turkey is looking a bit doubtful but Monica has made a Christmas table runner so all is right with the world. 

10 comments:

  1. Reading blogs is such a delightful vicarious pleasure I find. A very small tree, about four feet high, like Victoria and Albert's, would do me, then no need for the axeman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid there would be a riot among the youth if our tree did not touch the ceiling.

      Delete
  2. I've been puttering around sophisticated Christmas decor in Austrian blogland.
    Snowy castle in Scotland.

    Makes mine feel homespun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I shall ride in a sleigh across snowy wastes to my Austrian castle. I shall distribute Turkish Delight like the witch in Narnia.

      Delete
  3. This looks SO twinkly and Christmassy. My daughter is desperate to go ice-skating somewhere like this but there's nowhere near here. Lovely links around festive blogland (and thank you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many wonderful ice rinks in London. This is outside the NHM but MissM tells me that the one in the moat at the Tower of London takes a lot of beating. I am afraid of breaking something crucial - like a leg - so sit it out feeling sorry for myself.

      Delete
  4. I do Vicarious Christmassing too as its a dry hot summer here and I do so love the look of a white Christmas instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fancy a hot Christmas but I don't think I could give up the mulled wine. And I don't think you drink mulled wine on the beach. Or do you?

      Delete
  5. It is about 100 years since I went ice-skating and all I remember about is the shock that when you fall over not only do you get hurt you also get wet! (I see that you have reset your calendar to Nov giving yourself some extra weeks to prepare for Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas! Alas! I am all behind ("like Coles' cow" as my friend's grandmother used to say). Thank you for being so eagle-eyed.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.