Wednesday 16 December 2015

15 Dec : Tree #10


Today was not a good day. It started off well when MrsM met MasterM at Honest Burger in Soho. MrsM had iced tea in a Mason Jar! MasterM had Karma Cola! MrsM and MasterM looked around and agreed that it was a very hip joint. But then MrsM and MasterM went shopping together in Regents Street. Quelle Horreur! MasterM needs clothes but could not understand why MrsM was suggesting sensible chinos and practical jumpers. MrsM was shocked by the adventurous colours that MasterM was selecting - why buy pale blue when there is a charcoal grey option? There was a frank exchange of opinion on the fifth floor of John Lewis. MasterM went home and MrsM had a cup of tea by herself. Then her phone died. Then all the paper bags collapsed in the rain. Quelle Désastre! MrsM decided that this was the day to have her first Baileys Latte. Suddenly all the street lights looked extra sparkly and MrsM knew she was on the slippery slope to Mothers' Ruin.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There will be a rosy glow all the way to the bottom.

      Delete
  2. Can I just say IKEA? With spouse. But without the benefit of a Bailey's Latte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was an IKEA bravery award I would nominate you.

      Delete
  3. I'm staying home with my daughter and Sipsmith's. She bakes biscotti, I bake bread and we knit, crochet and embroider whilst listening to Ruth Rendell and Zola on iPlayer. One year, just before Christmas, I took my daughter to Regents Street and we ended up in a lockdown in Tottenham Court Road Tube Station - never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of biscotti and can imagine that they would be delicious with Sipsmiths. Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Honest Burger is great - we went there last year en famille and even my then 15-yr-old agreed it was a cool place. Sorry your shopping trip didn't go too well. I'd have skipped the Bailey's Latte and gone straight to the gin. I think that's the best way to tackle Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had Baileys before but MissM recommended one. It was like drinking warm icecream - in a good way.

      Delete
  5. you're a braver woman than I am going shopping in Regent's Street a week before Christmas. I'd have had to start the day with the latte..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too busy, the lights were pretty and there were lots of bargains. I just wish that I had gone with MissM instead :(

      Delete
  6. I suppose this would be the Christa run ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart you, Mme M. But I'm stuck on the Mason jar issue. Don't those thick bumpy bits at the top of the jar sort of diminish your drinking pleasure and crush your spirit? It would have been a rapid downward spiral from there for me, hip or ne pas hip. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you have straws in Scotland?? Nightmare!! It is much more primitive up there than I had imagined.

      Delete
  8. Well if you will go shopping in London just before Christmas.... Mind you, shopping with my son for clothes at ANY time of the year requires a stiff drink, both before and after the event :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had fondly imagined that an afternoon with his Mama and her credit card would showcase his best behaviour which was the triumph of hope over experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No harm in a sensible grey jumper, say I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that you wouldn't approve of his Christmas jumper.

      Delete
    2. I am afraid that you wouldn't approve of his Christmas jumper.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.