Sunday 27 December 2015

27 Dec : Tree #14


This is MissM pretending to be a tree at Meldon Reservoir. Because when it is so cold and windy that you can hardly stand up straight you have to make your own fun. Shortly after this photo was take a gust of wind blew me over and I fell flat on my face in the mud. Another typical Boxing Day Walk. Never mind, straight back to the cottage for hot tea and saffron cake. The washing machine is going to be busy.

Must dash - lots of people coming to tea - mince pies to make. Back soon to reply to your lovely comments.

8 comments:

  1. I'm used to a fierce Southeaster, but I've never yet been literally blown over. Scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was blowing straight down the reservoir and the surface of the water was whipped to a fine spume which is very unusual.

      Delete
  2. eek. glad you didn't blow away x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever been blown off my feet before but am glad I landed in the mud rather than the reservoir!

      Delete
  3. You landed on your face, while my feet went from under me, and I landed on my back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw an elderly man who was almost lifted off his feet by a gust of wind - quite scary!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see what a fine tree MissM makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be biased but I think that MissM is multi-talented!

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.