Sunday 31 May 2015

31 May : Plant Sale

Five things to love about the plant sale at the village hall :

Trestle tables covered with plants at bargain prices. A smiling lady in a vibrant floral top, a bouquet of pinks, oranges and yellows. Delicious homemade cakes and tea in pale blue china teacups with saucers. The man selling raffle tickets who looked at my purchases and said "That foxglove comes from a garden with pure white violets and there are some growing in your pot." Filling the car boot with sunshine from Devon to take back home.

8 comments:

  1. I do love a plant sale, especially if you find a pot with extras in. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White violets! I can't imagine a more delightful weed!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The cakes are heavenly - and there is a lady who makes the most delicious cheese scones.

      Delete
  3. I am late to the new blog, but happy to see you! Happy gardening. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lynn! Welcome to my garden - it is small but full of roses and an embarrassing number of cushions because I am a sitting-down kind of gardener.

      Delete
  4. Hi Alice, Benjamin from Higgledy Garden here! Hope you are well. I need (urgently) some high res images of my Port Eliot cutting patch for a national newspaper magazine....yours were great....do you still have them? Would you be ok letting me use them in exchange for a photo credit?
    Ben x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that THE Mr Higgledy Garden???? *faints*

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.