Friday 8 May 2015

8 May : Clematis


The clematis outside the kitchen window was very successful this year - delightful violet blue flowers hanging nonchalantly from curved stems. New shoots, buds and flowers all happened despite being neglected, inexpertly pruned and despaired of last year. On the strength of this unexpected success I have bought a Clematis montana 'Pink Perfection' which I have planted against the fence with a generous helping of bone fertiliser. I am going to call this the 'Woodland Border' - obviously only I will know that - everyone else will call it the border on the right hand side of the garden. 

2 comments:

  1. I have had a steep learning curve with clematis , they are groupies 1,2 or 3. This one you must prune the minute it has flowered apparently , not in December like we did. Late flowerers cut back to nothing...the others you sort of leave, who knew this was so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh help! That means I must prune it now. I can feel an anxiety attack coming on.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.