Sunday 26 July 2015

26 July : Rain


Gosh. So much rain. Allll weekend. There has been No Gardening. Cabin fever set in and I thought that my sense of humour was going to go into a tail spin. In the end I supervised MrM while he made a cake for the Mens' section in the Village Produce Show. Desperate times. Meanwhile in the garden everything is looking floppy. You will be relieved to know that there will be no more talk of Hydrangeas this year. They are absolutely flattened. Heartbreak. Let's change the subject and look at a nice orange dahlia shall we? This time next year...

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with village show...I have distant memories of your fruit cake moment I think. I am done with the cake classes after last year's reprimand for the cooling rack marks on the top of my Victoria sponge...mortified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The thing that is causing the most stress is the rash decision that MrM would enter a poem. I suspect this will be a Once in a Lifetime Experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Brilliant. I love the quaintness of a village show and the bizarre categories. Now, I do like that dahlia. (Sorry about your hydrangea though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are quietly confident that we will win the 'Biggest Snail' category.

      Delete
  4. Now wouldn't your problematic begonia make a nice couple with this dahlia, I wonder?
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea!! Are you mad?? You would need sunglasses every time you went into the garden - even if it was raining.

      Delete
  5. Is MrM making a coffee cake?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.