Wednesday 29 July 2015

29 July : Meditation


Is there anything more delightful than standing at the window on a warm summer's morning with a mug of tea in your hand, looking out at the garden? At first you notice the things that you have not done: uneven lawn edges, a bush not clipped, the border that is waiting until autumn, but after a while you get distracted by the sunlight on the floating white Gaura flowers and the silvery whorls of Clematis. The dark amber Acer claims your attention and then you notice that the bumble bees are already busy on the pink Sidalcea. A glimpse of bright Nasturtium makes you smile and long to be outside. And so the day begins.

6 comments:

  1. I feel I am there, seeing it along with you. Which is good since, when I look out my kitchen window, all I see are other houses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to have company. I'll put the kettle on and make another pot of tea.

      Delete
  2. What is is thing you call a 'warm summer's morning'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'A warm summer's morning' is when you look out of the window and think you can risk it without your thermal underwear.

      Delete
  3. A perfect start to the day... But (as Sunnylanes already asked) where are these warm summery mornings? It's feeling distinctly autumnal here. I think summer has been skipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting to worry about frost hereabouts. Bring on Global Warming!

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.