Saturday 4 July 2015

4 July : Hubris


Sad news. My beloved pot grown Hydrangea Annabelle is has been squashed by the rain. The soft, sappy, cossetted, Miracle-Groed stems were not strong enough to support so many soggy heads. I am desolated but will now attend with emergency stakes and string to rescue her dignity. The less favoured hydrangea by the summer house is looking lean, un-squashed and smug. There is a lesson there.

I thought I would include a picture of real gardening. You know - black buckets and such like. It's not all fluffiness around here.

6 comments:

  1. Am trying to think of a silver lining to this cloud... My peonies suffered a similar fate the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The silver lining is that the inevitable drought and hosepipe ban have probably been postponed for a day or two.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. We had extremely heavy rain here too, and hail, and some plant casualties. Those bare flower heads are also beautiful in their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to have recovered to something of their original brazen blowsiness. My pride has been permanently dented though - which is probably a good thing.

      Hail is not good. But at least it was after the Garden Safari.

      Delete
  3. I have been in France so unaffected by weather...

    I like the seeds heads in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - there is no Weather in France. I hope that you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.