Monday 16 January 2017

burnt offering


MissM is taking her role as mentor very seriously. I have just received a message enquiring what my next recipe is in the 2017 Recipe Challenge. I had to admit that last night New Recipe #2 had started out as Pork Chops with Rosemary and Pears and ended up as carbon fibre.

MissM asks what went wrong. I explained that I should have cut the carrots into chunks so that they cooked at the same rate as the other ingredients, the recipe stated a high oven temperature which must have been a typo and finally it was a mistake to fall asleep in the bath while it was cooking. I promise to do better next time.

4 comments:

  1. thank you , this made me laugh and cheered me up enormously .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Don't forget - chunky carrots is the way forward.

      Delete
  2. Not just me then? Thank goodness for that, you have restored my equilibrium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't panic - it is going to be a while before this becomes a foodie blog.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.