Friday 20 January 2017

heads-up


In a surreal moment I hear myself saying "Hello, I am enquiring about one of the pictures on your website - how much are you asking for the large stuffed antelope head on the red chair?".

Let's face it - I'm desperately hoping that MasterM doesn't have time to negotiate a deal because this is well outside my comfort zone. Just looking at the photo gives me the creeps. I do not want to be in the same room as that poor disembodied head. I have an unreasonable fear that I am going to be asked to collect it from the antique shop and drive home with those beady eyes watching me from the back seat.

I feel my role as MasterM's mother slipping uncontrollably into the scary paragraph at the bottom of the contract where it says "...and any other tasks that your line manager son considers to be consistent with your job description".

I think I need support from my union.

7 comments:

  1. 'Here's looking at you, kid'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that could make it worse is sunglasses.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, that is an awful thing to ask of any mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there have been worse but I have wiped them from my memory.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes that is the correct answer but my life would be very boring.

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.