Wednesday 11 January 2017

stretch and breathe


There is a day in January when it is all over. All the preparation and shopping and wrapping and cooking and eating and clearing up. You cannot predict when it will be but it was today. Not yesterday, first day back at work. Or the day before, MasterM and MissM go their separate ways. Or the day before that, the dismantling of the decorations. But today there was space to stretch out, breathe slowly and think of Spring. The empty days of January are ahead, uncluttered and tantalising. I think I shall go to the garden centre tomorrow and spend my Christmas money.

4 comments:

  1. I love those empty days of January. And a trip to the garden centre with Christmas money is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellebores or winter flowering jasmine or lollipop holly trees? *ponders* Or all of the above?

      Delete
  2. Definitely Winter Flowering Jasmine, so cheering on a grey day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.