Wednesday 18 January 2017

over the sea to Skye

Isleornsay




Dunvegan Castle





Elgol




In October we had a blissful week in Scotland driving from Edinburgh to Skye and then on to Fort William. It was perfect timing - the end of the tourist season so the roads were empty but the colours had started to change and at every turn the scenery was breathtaking. I didn't want to leave.

This selection of photos from our two days on Skye is for Karen at Cornflower because we had a very jolly evening with Mr and Mrs Cornflower in Edinburgh and this is my first blog opportunity to say thank you. Afterwards I received a letter from Karen in her exquisite cursive handwriting which says 'Haste ye back'. We will!

6 comments:

  1. How lovely. I adore Scotland and last year we managed two trips up there (May and December). I have a friend in Argyll and she lives across the road from a ferry terminal and a short distance from the Argyll Secret Coast road which we love exploring.

    And you met Mr & Mrs Cornflower! I do enjoy reading Karen's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a jolly evening - starting with delicious pink gins and going delightfully downhill from there.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful! I really envy you, that is somewhere I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to go to Skye and now I want to explore all of Scotland.

      Delete
  3. It was lovely to see you both, and I'm so glad you had such a fine time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Now you won't be able to keep us away!

      Delete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.