Saturday 28 January 2017

country mice


I don't want any of you to be anxious that I will fail to meet my weekly recipe target. The photo above is evidence of Lamb Boulangère from the current 'Delicious' magazine. It is Westcountry lamb, of course, bundled up most artistically in red and white butchers twine. I cannot say hand-on-heart that I have never cooked à la Boulangère before but I have never cooked lamb on top of potatoes before so I'm calling it new and MissM is fully occupied this weekend maintaining her cultural and gastro profile in the coolest parts of London so I can cut myself some slack. MasterM is at home for the weekend and has been riding on the moor, dodging rain showers and building up a healthy appetite so we will pop out after eating the lamb and get our pudding in the local pub. It is a warm and convivial place in the heart of the village and the menu distinguishes between HM (homemade) and LM (locally made). I have a weakness for Suzy's bread pudding but the portions are enormous, calculated to feed a ploughboy and his oxen, so I try to resist the temptation. And now I must stop to close the curtains and put another log on the fire. Keep cosy is my new motto.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds so much better than my very thin leek and potato soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - but you will glow with good health after drinking your soup.

      Delete
  2. Going out for pudding always feels so wonderfully decadent. Hope the bread pudding was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is solid - you feel it in your stomach for hours afterwards.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of going out for homemade pudding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.